This Pineapple and Coconut Cheesecake is a dinner party dessert or indulgent weekend dinner treat to transport you to the sunny Caribbean regardless of the inclement British weather.
Gardeners will love the introduction where pineapples are shown growing in the pineapple house at the world famous Tatton Gardens.
When importing pineapples was not possible by sailing ship, the landed gentry delighted in growing there own pineapples.
The cost in today’s money would be around £4000 per pineapple!
Ingredients for Pineapple and Coconut Cheesecake:
- Half a small pineapple
- 150mls pineapple juice
- 150mls double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 100gms cream cheese
- 100gms mascarpone cheese
- 40gms grated creamed coconut
- 75gms ginger biscuits (blended to crumbs)
- 25gms butter (melted)
- Handful of coconut shavings (lightly toasted in an oven)
- Seeds and juice from 1 passion fruit
Method to make Pineapple and Coconut Cheesecake:
- Peel, core and dice the pineapple. Put the diced pineapple and the pineapple juice in a saucepan and heat for 10 minutes. Mash the pineapple to extract as much juice as possible. Put the pan contents into a sieve to strain off any juice. Set the juice aside and chill. Blend the pineapple flesh to a puree in a food processor. Cool to room temperature and store in the fridge until required.
- Prepare the biscuit base by combining the butter with the biscuit crumbs and set aside
- Whip the double cream with the icing sugar to form soft peaks.
- Mix the cream cheese with the mascarpone and then fold in the grated creamed coconut followed by the whipped cream, followed by the pineapple puree.
- Lightly oil a cooking ring and place into the middle of a serving plate.
- Spoon a quarter of the biscuit base mixture into the ring, and press into an even layer.
- Add the cheesecake mixture, carefully pressing down before levelling off the top.
- Carefully slide off the ring and sprinkle with the coconut shavings before spooning around a little of the reserved pineapple juice mixed with the passion fruit.
Leave a Reply