If you thought gourmet cooking took a long time and a lot of effort, this delicious recipe will make you think again. The entire ensemble can be achieved in the time it takes for the chicken breasts to cook through in the oven. If you can’t get the Curly Kale, try substituting with savoy cabbage or any other tasty greens.
Ingredients for Roast Chicken Breast with Creamy Curly Kale:
- 4 Chicken breasts, skin and knuckle on
- 400g Curly Kale, coarse stalks picked off
- 75g pancetta
- 200 ml double cream
- ½ tsp juniper berries
- 20g mature cheddar
Method to make Roast Chicken Breast with Creamy Curly Kale:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C. Heat a heavy-based frying pan and fry the pancetta until golden brown, drain and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add a little oil and fry the seasoned chicken breasts, skin side down until golden and crispy. Turn the breast over, drain off the excess fat, add 150ml water to the frying pan with the chicken breasts and place in the oven for about twenty minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the creamy curly Kale: Heat a large frying pan and add the cream, berries and cheddar and melt the cheddar. Then add the Curly Kale, stirring and coating the leaves and cook gently until the leaves are wilted and tender. Add the pancetta.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and rest for a couple of minutes, boil up the juices in the bottom of the chicken breast pan and pour around the Kale topped with the chicken breast.