Ingredients for Curried parsnip soup with parsnip crisps:
- 700g parsnips, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 50g butter
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp each of coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric and ginger
- 2 pts (1.2 litres) stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 Bramley apple, peeled
Method to make Curried parsnip soup with parsnip crisps:
- Heat a small frying pan and dry fry the cumin and coriander seeds. They will start to change colour and ‘jump’ in the pan. When this happens remove from the heat and crush with a pestle and mortar.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan and cook onions until they soften, then add the garlic. After a couple of minutes add the crushed seeds along with the turmeric and ginger. Stir together and cook down for a few more minutes.
- Add the parsnips, stirring well, then pour in the stock.
- Simmer this as slowly as possible for an hour without a lid.