This summer salad is an absolute delight, whether it’s a light lunch or something to take along to a summer barbecue. The dressing works with any salad, and can be made and kept in a jar in your fridge.
Although it is a sophisticated dish, combing ingredients such as charred peaches with toasted cashews etc. there is nothing in there that is difficult to actually do
Ingredients for the Summer Salad
- Seasonal mixed salad leaves – 2 large handfuls
- Peaches – 2
- Parma ham – 4 slices
- Cashew nuts – Handful
- Goat’s cheese – 100g
Ingredients for the Summer Salad Dressing
- Cider vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Dijon mustard – 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper to season
Method for the Summer Salad:
- Make the dressing by combining the ingredients and whisking well. Season with salt and pepper before setting aside. NB This will keep in a jar in the fridge.
- Cut the peaches into wedges and char on a roasting plate, barbecue or under the grill.
- Tear the Parma ham into large strips,
- Crumble the goat’s cheese
- Toast the cashew nuts in a dry pan until golden brown.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients with the leaves and, when you are ready to enjoy, dress with a tablespoonful or so of the dressing, season with salt and pepper, toss gently and serve.